ABOUT SMITH LUMBER
Family owned and operated, Smith Lumber came into being in 1954 when C. Acker Smith purchased the C.E. Meekin Lumber Company and changed the name to the C. Acker Smith Lumber Co. As a one man operation, C. Acker Smith Lumber Co. sold general hardware and lumber items. Growing in staff and incorporating in 1974, C. Acker Smith Lumber Co. undertook a major growth challenge by investing in co-op's for better buying power and range of products.
On January 1, 1992, C. Acker Smith Lumber Co. changed hands to son Charles (Chuck) T. Smith, at which time the name was changed to Smith Lumber & Hardware Center. Chuck networked Smith Lumber, added a rental department and currently employs twenty (20) lumber and hardware professionals during the peak season. In addition, Smith Lumber & Hardware Center offers online shopping 24 hours per day, 7 days per week at www.smithlumber.doitbest.com